Digital8 is looking for a Full Stack Developer with WordPress experience to join the existing team of expert developers, talented UX/UI designers, Sales and Project Managers.This is a great opportunity to gain agency experience to further your career. If you are looking for a company you can grow with, we’d love to talk to you.
Digital8 was founded by a team of accomplished software developers in 2012. Over the years, we have grown to add the expertise and experience of talented user experience strategists, interface designers, developers and SEO specialists to become one of Brisbane’s most successful and enduring digital agencies. We provide the following services for medium and large companies, NGO’s and Government departments:
• User Behaviour Analysis and Experience Design
• User Interface Design
• Custom Web Development
• CMS Website Development
• Web & Mobile App Development
• API Development & Integrations
• Search Engine Optimisation
• Pay-Per-Click Advertising Campaigns
You can read more about us here https://www.digital8.com.au
We are looking to hire a skilled Full Stack developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.To be a successful developer, you should have knowledge of front-end programming languages, strong content management skills (in particular WordPress) and a good eye for aesthetics is an advantage. Ultimately, a good developer who can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
Full Stack Developer Responsibilities:
- Talking with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Building the website front-end.
- Managing and developing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Building new WordPress sites as well as maintaining existing sites.
- Working with other platforms where required.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Full Stack Developer, including proven work experience.
- Demonstrable experience with WordPress & WooCommerce.
- Understanding the various components that go into an e-commerce website (payment gateways, shipping, CSV product lists, hooks/filters etc.).
- Experience with Elementor page builder an advantage
- Ability to construct a fully-functional website from a Figma design.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Good communication skills.
- MUST be able to commute to our office located in South Brisbane.
- Demonstrated capability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Committing to understanding new technology and upgrading skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, producing error-free work within tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement solutions collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An enthusiastic, proactive team player.
- A conceptual thinker – able to clearly articulate creative thoughts.
- MUST be an Australian citizen
- Flexible/hybrid working model
- Lush offices based in the heart of Fish Lane precinct
- Minutes walk to public transport
- Competitive Salary with the opportunity to review at 6 months