Apply Now: QLD Gov Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
To support small business subject to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown restrictions, the Queensland Government has just released the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program. Approximately 10,000 small businesses will be supported through this grant for the eligible activities occurring from 23 March 2020 onwards.
The available grant amount is up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
Note: Grant funds can also be used towards any of the above activities occurring from 23 March 2020 onwards, keeping in mind the project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from the date of approval.
Once the program budget has been fully allocated, applications for the program will close. It is estimated that approximately 10,000 small businesses will be supported through this program.
Applying small and micro businesses must meet the eligibility and assessment criteria to be considered for funding.
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Funding will be paid upon approval of your grant application.
Within 1 month of completing the project, applicants must:
- complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants
- submit copies of supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost.
Grant recipients may be subjected to a random audit by DESBT to ensure that the information provided is true and correct. Where it is found that false or misleading information has been provided, penalties may apply, including refunding to DESBT some or all of the grant funding.
Digital8 can help
If you are eligible for the criteria mentioned above and are looking to receive digital support or marketing support, Digital8 is here to help. After a 15 mins consultation session, we will help you determine the most suitable digital strategy and assist you with your grant application process. Our full team of Brisbane-based app developers, UX/UI designers, CMS web developers, and digital marketers are dedicated to providing Queensland small businesses with the necessary support during these challenging times. Click on the button below to book your 15mins consultation session now.
Get support from Brisbane's digital experts now
We write about a variety of topics in the digital industry.