Why are UI/UX designs important?
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design is key to any successful website/app project. All projects created by Digital8 have the same intention; to create a platform that is best in category, and will deliver an unforgettable user journey.
User Experience (UX) is focused on tailoring user journeys that will create the best experience for your demographic. If they find it visually appealing and easy to navigate/understand, then the app/website will provide maximum customer satisfaction and increase the chance of a successful conversion.
The User Interface (UI) aspect relates to the presentation and the interactivity of the project. This means taking each screen, page, button (and any other necessary visual component), and focusing on how it best fits the brand and encourages the best possible user engagement.
While a customer has a higher chance of enjoying their experience and converting, websites that have effective UI/UX also have stronger search engine presence. Google considers the time spent on site, number of pages visited, and even the conversion rate as key ranking factors. Simply put, if a website delivers great results for the user, this is recognised by search engines. As they consider the user experience to be an extension of their own, these websites will be more highly recommended and accessible to the public.
The Design Process
- Scoping Session to ensure all pages, elements, and requirements are accounted for
- Research into competitors, inspiration gathering, sitemap planning
- Theming, layout and styling of main components
- Rapid Hi Fidelity prototyping for the remaining pages
- Development commences check for feasibility
- Designs are exported into Invision and commentary points added.
- Invision tour and image files shared with the Client
- Feedback opportunity for Client
- Once the Client is satisfied with the designs and has signed off, they will be passed on to the development team to begin the build
- We create a simple prototype of the app/website designs, so you can view them in a more interactive environment.
- Invision allows us to present Hi Fidelity designs to the client, with a guided tour and commentary functionality available to ensure all aspects are explained clearly.
Ready to get started with your design piece? Book a time to chat with Digital8.
Are you ready to grow your business?